Certifying Professional Learning
Our Badging Platform: Educate/Empower (We will manage, acknowledge and certify adult learning, just as we are for student learning.)
Our Work on Certifying Professional Learning
The system certifies what teachers become proficient at as they move through their professional learning and keeps track of their “certifications.” This is different than the design and development of the actual professional learning modules. This is focused on the actual system of giving “credit” for what teachers learn (presumably in the Modules), and keeping track of that credit. We will be exploring Digital Badges as that mechanism.
Work To Date:
- What can we learn from organizations currently using Digital Badges about the “goodness of fit” of Digital Badges to our project? Does the Digital Badge system make sense for our Distributed PD work?
- What can we learn from Scouting rank and promotion systems that would inform our professional learning system?
- Our concept of how large, medium, and small badges can contribute to our work
- What would be our criteria for a Digital Badge platform?
- Attended a forum on digital badging
- Identified criteria for selecting a digital badge platform
- Selected a digital badge platform
Work To Be Done:
- Set up the Digital Badge platform (including organizing the curriculum into a format that can be easily uploaded to the platform)
- How will we share our Digital Badge platform and how will we educate our staff about it and it’s use?
- How will we maintain a quality approach to certifying professional learning? How will we collect input and feedback from those served to inform this piece of the work?