Professional Learning Curriculum
Tech for Learning – Professional Curriculum
Customized Learning – Professional Curriculum
Our Work to Develop a Professional Learning Progression
What are the (clearly articulated) knowledge and skills we want our educators to become proficient in and what scopes and sequences make sense?
This is specifically thinking about supporting educators as they work to use iPads in teaching and learning.
We have drafted a Phases of Integrating iPads document. We collaboratively developed the draft using the following as strong influences on the work:
- A model of various ways technology should be integrated into the classroom (7 Powerful Uses of Technology)
- A model of phases for implementing Customized Learning (in part because technology plays such a critical role to Customized Learning)
- the SAMR model of adopting technology applications and leveraging them to adapt our teaching and learning strategies
The major bullets within each phase reflect the professional learning curriculum for Teaching and Learning with iPads, while the Phases denote the professional learning continuum/progression.
Work To Date:
- 10 Professional Learning Buckets for Teaching and Learning with Technology
- Draft Phases of Integrating iPads into Teaching and Learning
- Review the draft – is it ok? Have we missed something? Does the progression make sense? (The decision was, yes.)
- Share the Phases document with others.
- We explored what we could learn from Scouting rank and promotion systems that would inform our professional learning system.
- We have drafted several capacity matrices for some of the Tech for Learning Curriculum (Personal iPad Use; App Selection; Educate/Empower) and are seeking feedback on those drafts.
- We revised a capacity matrix to create a Capacity Matrix Template that worked a little better for us.
Work To Be Done:
- Drafting a long list of capacity matrices for pieces of the professional learning.
- What are our criteria for knowing if we have a quality professional learning progression?
- How will we share our work and educate our teachers about the professional learning progression?
- How will we maintain quality of the learning profession (Phases) for the PD system? How will we collect input and feedback from those served to inform this piece of the work?
- How will we handle “Rank”? Should mastery of a Phase be a “promotion in rank” or a “large badge”? (think scouting)